Oh my goodness, I came across the best recipe for brownies a few days ago that I adapted to be gluten-free and dairy-free. It is a BBC Good Food recipe…I take no credit for it!! It works very well with gluten-free flour and I used dairy-free milk chocolate buttons in it rather than chopping up lots of chocolate! The recipe as it is written looks really complicated. This is what I did…
- 185 g dairy-free margarine check ingredients, or butter if you tolerate dairy
- 185 g best dark chocolate check ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 50 g dairy-free white chocolate chopped (check ingredients)
- 50 g dairy-free milk chocolate chopped (check ingredients)
Melt the dark chocolate and the margarine (or butter) in the microwave. Set aside to cool a little
Whisk the eggs and sugar together on a high speed electric whisk for a couple of minutes until doubled in volume
Fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder, melted chocolate and the chopped up white and milk chocolate (or chocolate buttons if you are lazy like me!).
Place in a greased 20cm by 20cm brownie tray or square tin
Bake at 180 degrees/gas 4 for 25 mins until just set
Pin the recipe so you don’t lose it!