Every Sunday or Monday I do a meal plan for the week ahead, in advance of completing my internet shop for the week. I usually plan 7 or 8 meals but never allocate a meal to a day to give me some choice on the day! It makes me feel a bit less regimented! However, planning meals definately means less waste and is so much easier when you have hungry children to feed!
It occurred to me that it might be helpful to share these meal plans with others. Over time I hope to put all the recipes I use on my site. Where I can I will link to those that are already on here.
Every Monday we have the same meal…quick and simple because it is swimming lesson day! Gluten free pasta with sacla pesto and peas!
The rest of this week I have planned the following:
- Home-made meatballs, tomato sauce and pasta
- Ratatouille with cheesy polenta chips
- Home-made nut roast, roast potatoes, broccoli, green beans and sweetcorn
- Home-made chickpea curry and rice
- Gluten free sausages (Sainsburys Taste the Difference pork and herb sausages this week) with 3-veg mash (carrot, swede and potato)
- Pan-fried salmon (from Greendale Farmshop) with Merchant Gourmet ready to eat puy lentils, broccoli, carrots and green bean
- Chinese 5-spice vegetable stir fry with tofu and rice