The sun has been shining and I haven’t been writing much lately! We all know that when the sun comes out we should be outside lest we don’t see it again for another few months! It has gone in now so you will be glad to see that I am back here sharing my recipes with you!
I have spent the morning working on PTFA things so if there are some spelling mistakes and general dodgy English then that is why! My brain feels rather full with all the things I need to do!
Serves: 4 adults
- 1 packet organic free-range (if possible) chicken drumsticks and or thighs
- 1tbsp plain gluten-free flour
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2tbsp mild curry powder or 1tbsp medium curry powder
- Vegetable stock to cover (I use Marigold low salt)
- 1 small apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and chopped
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 slice of lemon or a squeeze lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf
- Fry the chicken in a saucepan or casserole dish with the flour until browned all over.
- Add the onion and carrot and continue to fry for a further few minutes stirring to make sure nothing burns
- Add the remaining ingredients and leave with the lid on over a very low heat to cook for approx. 1 hour, by which time the meat should fall off the bone. Alternatively, transfer the casserole dish to the oven at 160 degrees, stirring occasionally
- Take the meat from the sauce and remove the bones, placing the meat back into the casserole
- Serve with rice or pasta and vegetables of choice!