I’m delighted to bring you this recipe for brazil nut & sun dried tomato pesto. It is so quick and simple to make unyet I use it in all manner of ways.
OK, you might think pesto is a bit ‘yesterday’ but believe me, with a jar of this in your fridge you’ll have a quick meal just around the corner.
These are just some of the ways I use it:
- On it’s own with pasta
- Stirred through roast vegetables and pasta
- Stirred through roast vegetables and quinoa with a few tinned beans for a wholesome salad at lunchtime
- Stirred through scrambled eggs
- Spread on top of an omelette and then topped with cheese (dairy free or otherwise) for a quick ‘pizza’
- Spread on top of a pizza base instead of a tomato sauce
- Heated and stirred through a tin of tomatoes as the base for a pasta sauce/bolognese/pizza sauce etc
- Spread on top of a fish fillet, sprinkled with bread crumbs and baked
- As the base of chicken nuggets…roll chicken pieces in pesto then bread crumbs and bake
- Thinned with olive oil and used as a salad dressing
The list goes on.
And when you make it yourself you know what you’ve put in and you can adjust it according to your taste. No preservatives or other undesirable ingredients. Just wholesome goodness.
What are you waiting for? Watch the super quick video and get into the kitchen…
- Large handful brazil nuts
- 6 sundried tomatoes in approx 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- Large handful of basil leaves, washed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Optional additional olive oil to reach desired consistency
- Place all the ingredients except the additional olive oil into a hand held chopper or blender
- Pulse until you reach your desired consistency then add more olive oil if too thick
- Store in a clean jam jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks
If you like this pesto, you might like my sage one here too.
Make sure you pin the recipe so you don’t lose it!
I’ve shared this recipe with Free From Farmhouse and FreeFromFridays.