Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Soya-free, Fish-free
Servings 2 adults & 2 children
- 1 pack of chicken thighs legs or a mix of both (4 pieces of chicken, preferably free-range and organic)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 300 g potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip peeled and diced
- 1 pint stock chicken or vegetable - I use Marigold vegetable bouillion, reduced salt although all their stocks are gluten-free
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard I use Tesco own
- 1 tbsp tomato chutney I used Tesco own - you could use home made as long as you know it has ingredients that are suitable for the diet you are catering for. Baxters is also ok
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs or a tbsp of chopped fresh if you have them
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp gluten-free plain flour
Place the meat into a large saucepan along with the flour and mix around to coat. Add a little oil and cook the meat until brown, over a medium heat.
Add the vegetables and continue to cook for a further 4-5 minutes stirring often to prevent anything from browning too much.
Add all the remaining ingredients, stir and place the lid on the pan. Leave to cook on a low heat for approx. 1 and a half hours, stirring occationally until the chicken comes away from the bone easily and the vegetables are nice and soft.
Remove the chicken from the pan and take the meat from the bone, returning that to the sauce.
Serve with rice or gluten-free bread (or garlic bread), or polenta chips...