So as many of you will already know, I am on a mission to see if I can sneak some superfoods into my recipes without anyone noticing!
Since my lo is now off dairy as well as gluten I figure it is even more important to get those vital nutrients into her! So, I came up with this this morning while the kids were watching a bit of tele before school (bad mum I know, but hey…they are tired!!!).
It will get tested out on the way to swimming later. Hopefully it will get the thumbs up. Actually, I hope it doesn’t because I LOVE it! I had a few sneaky spoonfuls after coming in from a run in the drizzle earlier and I don’t feel in the least bit hungry for lunch. That is saying something because I am normally routing around in the kitchen looking for lunch any time from 11.30am!!!
Serves: 2 jam jars
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 25g poppy seeds
- 50g chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (a 'good' fat)
- A drizzle of honey (optional)
- Half tsp cinnamon
- Half tsp ground ginger
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of cacao nibs
- A handful dark chocolate chips (optional but leave out if wanting no refined sugar)
- Place the seeds and nuts in a frying pan over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until they start to brown a little.
- Remove from the heat and melt in the coconut oil.
- Drizzle over the honey and add the cinnamon and ginger.
- Give everything a stir and leave to cool.
- Once cooled add the remaining ingredients - you could use extra dried fruit chopped up if you wanted to.
- Transfer into a suitable container - ideally one with a lock on it so that you don't eat it all at once!
- - if you want it to stick together more, add more oil!