Now as some of you will know I have plans afoot for a series of cookery videos to show you just how easy my recipes are. I have recorded one already but still need to work out how to edit it so that you don’t have to put up with the ‘warts and all’ version. Having said that, if you read my blog you are probably used to the ‘rough and ready’ nature!
It was my birthday last week and my lovely sister bought me a new camera (the same one as hers that I borrowed a while ago and took some lovely pictures with!). That combined with my new-found photography tips that I picked up at the Tots100 blogging conference I went to at the weekend, should mean that my photos improve from now! I enjoyed taking these yesterday on a piece of tile that I got for free from Tops Tiles!
Anyway, on to the recipe. It was inspired by one in the Woman and Home Eating Smart magazine, but I changed the ingredients and added some other healthy ones in. The result is a slightly chewy bar that is packed with goodies…perfect as a mid-afternoon snack, pudding or even breakfast on the run!
- 200g dates
- 50g crystallised ginger
- 25g quinoa flakes
- 25g seseme seeds
- 2tsp ground chia or flax seeds (I buy golden linseeds and grind them in my coffee grinder!)
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to clump together
- Place the mixture onto a large piece of baking paper and roll into a ball, then form into a square shape
- Fold the baking paper over the mixture and roll over it with a rolling pin until approx. 1cm thick
- Leave to harden for a couple of hours before cutting into 'fingers' approx. 1cm by 5cm
I have shared this with: