Can you hear that?
It’s called peace, and after 6 weeks of having the kids around on their school holidays it is rather unnerving.
If you’re anything like me you’ll have indulged over the summer rather too much.
Maybe it’s just me who thinks ‘well I’m on holiday so just one more ice cream won’t hurt?’
Anyway, looking at the terrible eczema on my hands and various other signs and symptoms, I have eaten way too much dairy and sugar.
This recipe helps to rectify that.
It gives you the chocolate fix you might need (if you’re anything like me) without the added sugar or dairy. It even contains fruit to work towards that magic recommendation of 10 portions of fruit and veg per day.
The raw cacao powder (I found some in Aldi recently!) is rich in magnesium (for a healthy heart and brain), iron and calcium whilst also being a powerful antioxidant.
The hemp seeds are high in protein, B vitamins and fibre along with omega 3 & 6 essential fatty acids all of which help to reduce the affect of the fruit sugar on your blood sugar levels.
Being incredibly simple and quick to make, it can be yours in just five minutes from now.
What are you waiting for? Get your post summer wholesome chocolate fix right now!
- 1 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil (I use Coconut Merchant)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I used pecan that I had made by 'whizzing pecans in a blender until smooth)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp hulled hemp seeds
- Approx. 8 slices peach (I used tinned slices drained from the juice) - this is the sweetener so adjust according to taste
- Orange oil - to taste (start with a one or two drops and taste)
- Place all the ingredients together into a small food processor or a blender.
- Whizz together until smooth and serve immediately.
- Alternatively place in serving dishes and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pin the recipe now so you don’t lose it:
I’ve shared this with: