These gluten free brownies are going to blow your mind! They are fudgy, deeply chocolatey and extremely moorish. Be warned!
I came across this BBC Good Food brownie recipe and decided to make it gluten free and dairy free.
It works very well with my wholegrain gluten-free flour blend and I used dairy-free milk chocolate buttons in it rather than chopping up lots of chocolate!.
The BBC recipe as it is written looks really complicated.
I have uncomplicated it for you to give you a really simple gluten free brownie recipe.
Pin the recipe for gluten free brownies now…
Gluten Free Brownies
- 185 g dairy-free margarine - check ingredients, or butter if you tolerate dairy
- 185 g best dark chocolate - check ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 85 g Free From Fairy plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 50 g dairy-free white chocolate - chopped (check ingredients)
- 50 g dairy-free milk chocolate - chopped (check ingredients)
- Melt the dark chocolate and the margarine (or butter) in the microwave. Set aside to cool a little
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together on a high speed electric whisk for a couple of minutes until doubled in volume
- Fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder, melted chocolate and the chopped up white and milk chocolate (or chocolate buttons if you are lazy like me!).
- Place in a greased 20cm by 20cm brownie tray or square tin
- Bake at 180 degrees/gas 4 for 25 mins until just set