Oh my goodness, I came across the best recipe for brownies a few days ago that I adapted to be gluten-free and dairy-free. It is a BBC Good Food recipe…I take no credit for it!! It works very well with gluten-free flour and I used dairy-free milk chocolate buttons in it rather than chopping up lots of chocolate! The recipe as it is written looks really complicated. This is what I did…
- 185 g dairy-free margarine check ingredients, or butter if you tolerate dairy
- 185 g best dark chocolate check ingredients
- 3 large eggs
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 50 g dairy-free white chocolate chopped (check ingredients)
- 50 g dairy-free milk chocolate chopped (check ingredients)
- Melt the dark chocolate and the margarine (or butter) in the microwave. Set aside to cool a little
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together on a high speed electric whisk for a couple of minutes until doubled in volume
- Fold in the sifted flour and cocoa powder, melted chocolate and the chopped up white and milk chocolate (or chocolate buttons if you are lazy like me!).
- Place in a greased 20cm by 20cm brownie tray or square tin
- Bake at 180 degrees/gas 4 for 25 mins until just set
Pin the recipe so you don’t lose it!