This is the best recipe that I have come across for cheese biscuits. It is so easy to make and the kids really enjoy ‘helping’ out as you can see (the ‘little fuss pot’ hard at it!)…
I normally double the recipe because they go so quickly and freeze very well. Great for lunch boxes!
Watch me make them and cook along with me!
- 100g gluten-free self-raising flour ( I use my blend)
- 50g softened butter
- 80g grated mature cheddar cheese
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and squeeze together into a dough
- Scatter a clean work surface with gluten-free flour and roll the dough out, turning after each small roll to ensure it doesn't stick to the surface
- Roll to approx. 5mm thick then using a cutter, cut shapes from the dough
- Place on a greased or lined baking tray and continue rolling and cutting until all the dough has been used up
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C (180 degrees c for a fan oven) for 8 - 10 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely
I have shared with A Mummy Too’s great recipe link up…