This is the best recipe that I have come across for cheese biscuits. It is so easy to make and the kids really enjoy ‘helping’ out as you can see (the ‘little fuss pot’ hard at it!)…
I normally double the recipe because they go so quickly and freeze very well. They are great for lunch boxes and because of their lovely crisp they are very satisfying.
Watch me make them and cook along with me!
- 100 g gluten-free self-raising flour I use my blend
- 50 g softened butter
- 80 g grated mature cheddar cheese
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and squeeze together into a dough
- Scatter a clean work surface with gluten-free flour and roll the dough out, turning after each small roll to ensure it doesn't stick to the surface
- Roll to approx. 5mm thick then using a cutter, cut shapes from the dough
- Place on a greased or lined baking tray and continue rolling and cutting until all the dough has been used up
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees C (180 degrees c for a fan oven) for 8 - 10 minutes
- Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely
If you’d like to buy my wholegrain rice and gluten free flour blend then click on the photo below to be taken to my shop:
I have shared with A Mummy Too’s great recipe link up…