This simple gluten free cookie recipe can be made in around 20 minutes with just four basic ingredients. You can fill the cookies with dairy free chocolate chips, M&M’s or whatever takes your fancy depending on your diet.
This one is for you Simon…to prove that you don’t have to stop enjoying biscuits when you stop eating gluten!
I created this recipe because I wanted a chewy, soft cookie recipe.
So many gluten free biscuits are dry and crumbly. This most certainly isn’t.
It is a fantastic recipe for kids parties. And given they can be made in under 20 minutes it’s perfect if you suddenly have visitors.
With just four base ingredients I’m certain you’ll have the ingredients too.
The best thing about the recipe is its versatility.
The dough can be used for any type of cookie you fancy.
You can add fillings or keep it plain and simple. The choice is yours.
If you can eat dairy then M&M’s always go down well, or a mixture of chopped toffees and dark chocolate chips!
If you can’t eat dairy then add dairy-free chocolate chunks (Affiliate Link) or Skittles.
Or if you want to make them for Christmas add dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
The options are endless…
Let me know what you put in yours.
I bet they won’t last long. Especially if you have a little ‘thief’ in the house…
What gluten free flour do you use?
I’ve used my rice free, wholegrain gluten free flour blend in this recipe. I created it because I was dissatisfied with the gluten free flour blends on the market.
My flour blends works in every recipe and doesn’t need special ingredients to make it work.
I’ve written an article explaining what a gluten free flour blend is for those of you who are unsure.
I highly recommend that you read it if you have trouble with gluten free baking. It will save you from making any more mistakes and wasting expensive ingredients.
Pin my gluten free cookie recipe so you don’t lose it…
Gluten Free Cookie
- 100 g hard margarine like Stork (or butter if not dairy free) softened
- 100 g light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 150 g Free From Fairy gluten-free plain flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 85 g Dark chocolate chips (could also use M&M's, Skittles, dairy free chocolate chips, chocolate chunks etc)
- Pre-heat over to 180 degrees/160 fan/gas 4
- Cream the butter/Stork and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
Add flour, baking powder and M&M's and bring together until you have a dough
- Divide the mixture into 14 balls, or 7 if you want large cookies!
- Place the balls of dough well apart on 2 greased trays and flatten a bit with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for approx. 12 mins until pale golden at the edges.
Cool in the trays.
- Try not to eat them all in one go!
Nutritional data to be used as a guide only