I’ve made this recipe for chocolate sauce for many moons. It was something that mum used to make for me when I was a kid and when I was at University I’d make it when I needed a chocolate fix.
For some reason, in recent years, I’ve forgotten about it. However, in a cookery demo that I did last night, I was making choux pastry.
It occurred to me that profiteroles would probably go down well with the audience and so the sauce was resurrected.
It is so simple to make with ingredients that you’re sure to have in your cupboards.
It’s perfect for pancakes and with pancake day around the corner what better way to use it? You could drizzle it on any one of my pancake recipes:
Alternatively you could pour over ice cream, drizzle on banana or pear or eat it from the jar (I won’t judge you)!
Whatever you do with it, keep a jar in the fridge for ’emergencies’. You’ll thank me for it…
Luxurious Four Ingredient Chocolate Sauce
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 40 g coconut sugar I use Coconut Merchant
- 20 g butter or dairy-free alternative
- Milk DF or 'ordinary' - as much as required to make the consistency you require
- Put the cocoa, sugar and butter in a saucepan with a little milk and heat gently until the butter melts
- Add as much milk as you require to get the consistency of sauce you want, stirring well. It will thicken when cold
- Transfer to a clean jar if not using right away and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
Pin the recipe so you don’t lose it!
I’ve shared this with: