At the weekend I found myself experimenting…and it was only 7.30am!!
As regular readers will know, we have my breakfast pancakes most mornings, but I felt like a change!
Instead of doing my usual recipe, I therefore created these little beauties, inspired by a recipe by Lorraine Pascale (I do find her recipe books particularly inspiring).
You don’t have to be as sad as me and make them into gingerbread man shapes! But sometimes a morning needs a little brightening up…and these certainly did that! If you fancy impressing your boyfriend or husband, why not cut them into heart shapes?!
Gluten-free & Dairy-free Gingerbread Pancakes
- 75 g gluten-free plain flour I use my wholegrain mix
- 45 g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg or 1tbsp milled flax seeds 'whizzed' with 3tbsp water
- Approx. 150ml almond milk or other dairy free or dairy milk
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Meanwhile place a large frying pan on a medium heat. If you have a good non-stick pan there will be no need to add any oil to cook these.
- Add the egg and milk and hand whisk until you have a smooth mixture, rather like thick double cream. The amount of milk you need will depend on what flour you use so add it slowly.
- Once the pan is hot, place tablespoonfuls of mixture into the pan. I get 5 or 6 in my pan.
- Leave for approx. 1 minute until bubbles start rising to the surface. Carefully turn over and cook until golden on both sides.
- The first batch will take longer than the rest unless the pan is really hot before starting.
- Use a mini gingerbread man (or lady) cutter to cut out your shape.
Pin the recipe so you don’t loose it:
I shared this with: