Oh my word. This is GOOD!!! I think it is the best cheesecake recipe ever! Why did I decide that it was a good idea to give up sugar before this was all eaten! It was like some kind of torture opening the fridge to see it!
My ‘big fuss pot’ loved it, my little one didn’t!! My husband was in heaven! Not bad…
Lemon, lime and blackcurrant cheesecake
- 300 g blackcurrants
- 350 g white sugar
- 175 g gluten free digestive-style biscuits
- 60 g unsalted butter
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 500 g cream cheese
- 200 ml sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk
- You will need a 20cm deep sided non-stick spring-form tin base lined with baking paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees, fan 130 degrees
- Place the blackcurrants, 150g sugar and 2tbsp water into a small pan and heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the fruit is soft but still retains its shape
- To make the blackcurrant sauce place three quarters of the blackcurrants in a sieve over a bowl, with most of the juice and press through until all the juice from the blackcurrants is in the bowl. Discard the solids in the sieve
- Set aside the blackcurrant sauce and the pan with the remaining blackcurrants
- Place the biscuits into a food processor if you are lucky enough to have one and pulse until you have crumbs. Otherwise place in a strong food bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and combine with the biscuit crumbs. Press into the prepared tin and place in fridge until the filling is ready
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese until smooth, then add the sour cream, remaining 200g sugar, eggs, lime zest and juice and lemon juice
- Scatter the whole remaining blackcurrants over the biscuit crumb. Pour the cream cheese filling over the top and add a swirl of the blackcurrant sauce
- Bake for 50 minutes then turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake for a further 30 minutes in the oven before removing to cool at room temperature. Once cool place in the fridge until ready to serve
- Serve with the blackcurrant sauce.