Popcorn is such a simple and easy snack. Something that I have taken to making for the kids to avoid them searching for sugary treats.
However, in the past I’ve not always been successful at making it.
The kernels haven’t popped or they’ve burnt.
With lots of trial and error, I’ve found a foul proof way of making it.
Once cooked, I coat mine in goats butter or coconut oil mixed with cinnamon. It give it a delicious flavour while at the same time delivering some natural fats and anti-inflammatory spice.
Cinnamon is my go to spice. I love the flavour of it and I also love the fact that it has a number of proven health benefits.
To show you how simple making this is, I’ve created a video. I promise to do one on the last Friday of every month so keep your eyes peeled!
Have a fab weekend!
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 or 2 handfuls of popping corn check gluten-free
- FOR THE COATING
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon or other spices of choice
- Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
- Add three kernels of popping corn to the pan and put the lid on
- Once those three kernels have popped add the rest of the corn and shake regularly while they pop
- Once the popping slows down, remove from the heat and let some steam out by lifting the lid a little
- To make the topping melt the coconut oil/butter then add the cinnamon or other spices
- Pour over the hot popcorn, shake vigorously with the lid on and serve
Don’t lose the recipe. Pin it now: