These easy vegan ‘cheese’ crackers are the perfect accompaniment to my homemade hummus or a shop bought one.
I love cheese biscuits. But cheese and dairy don’t always love me. For what reason I shall never understand.
Some days I can eat dairy with no apparent issues. Other days I have a reaction within an hour. Normally giant, itchy spots on my hand or arm or neck (always inexplicably on the right).
It was for this reason that I decided to adapt my utterly delicious cheese biscuit recipe to make vegan cheese crackers. The perfect vehicle with which to consume copious amounts of Moorish smoked humous (you’ll hear more about them in a couple of weeks).
Rather than babble on I’ll just share the recipe.
I’ve had a busy morning and have just a few minutes before I have to collect the kids from school.
I might have some exciting news to share with you soon about future Free From Fairy things, but more about that when I have more time.
Pin the recipe for vegan cheese crackers so you don’t lose it!
Vegan 'Cheese' Crackers (Gluten-Free)
- Place all the ingredients into a bowl and squeeze until they come together into a dough
- Scatter a small amount of flour onto a clean surface (or use some silicon liner - see my Vicki recommends section at the top) and roll the dough out until around 5mm thick
- Cut the dough into whatever shapes you require (I did mine in rough 'fingers' but you could you cutters to have round crackers)
- Place onto a lined or greased baking tray and continue rolling and cutting until all the dough is used up
- Cook in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees C/160 degree C fan/gas mark 4 for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp