So who plans to make their Christmas cake at the weekend? If so then then perhaps you would like to make my gluten-free and dairy-free one? It is super easy and tastes incredible. Nobody will know it is a freefrom cake. In fact last year everyone loved it and it disappeared in super quick time! If you make it now you will have plenty of time to ‘feed’ it with loads of alcohol to make it even more special!
Anyway, in addition to making my Christmas cake, I have also made up my first batch of mincemeat. Next week I hope to share with you the video I did whilst I made it…to show you just how easy it is. I chose to make my clementine and cointreau one this time, but you could just as easily make my pear and amaretto one. Both are really rather special!
I decided to create these mince pie slices for my first Christmas recipe this year. Although I can’t actually eat them at the moment, I was told that they were delicious. They are very quick and easy to make, and require no ‘faffing around’ cutting out pastry to make traditional mince pies!
Simple roll out the pastry (you can find my recipe here), keeping a little piece to one side for decoration. Top with mince meat and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips (check they are gluten, dairy-free and soya-free if that is important to you), then cut out some pastry stars and place over the top. In less time than popping to the shops (unless you live next door to some), you’ll have your very own festive treat! And the best thing? You know what all the ingredients are and there is nothing you can’t pronounce!
If you make these do let me know and share any pictures on your favourite social media site. You know how much it means to me to be told you are enjoying my recipes!
Clementine & Chocolate Mince Pie Slices (Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Egg-free, Nut-free, Soya-free)
- 1 batch of my gluten-free - dairy-free, egg-free shortcrust pastry
- 25 g dark chocolate chips
- Dairy-free milk for brushing
- Make the shortcrust pastry according to my recipe. If it needs to be egg-free make sure you follow the egg-free instructions
- Make or buy the mincemeat - you'll need a good 4 or 5 tablespoonfuls
- Scatter a clean surface with flour, then roll out the pastry into a rectangle approx. 5mm thick
- Cut a small strip of pastry from the rectangle for decoration later
- Transfer the large piece of pastry to a baking tray and spread with the mincemeat - right to the edge
- Scatter with dark chocolate chips
- Cut some star shapes out from the spare piece of pastry and place on top of the mincemeat and chocolate
- Brush the stars with dairy-free milk, then place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees (160 degree fan) for 25 - 30 minutes until golden
<div align="center"><a href="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/2015/11/recipeoftheweek-21-27-november/"><img class="alignnone" src="https://www.amummytoo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/recipe-of-the-week.png" alt="Link up your recipe of the week" width="150" height="150" /></a></div>