I have been very slack at putting recipes up recently so here goes with another quick and easy main meal that the whole family can enjoy…
Salmon Fish Cakes
- 2-3 140 g skinless salmon fillets
- Thumbnail-size piece of ginger grated
- Zest of 1 lime plus wedges to serve
- Half bunch spring onions finely chopped or 1 small red onion finely chopped or 'whizzed' up because I have an onion disliker!
- Chop salmon as finely as possible, then add the grated ginger, lime zest and some ground pepper
- Soften the onion in a little oil in a frying pan over a low heat (I generally add a table spoon of water and put a lid over the top for approx 5 mins to make sure it is nice and soft)
- Add softened onion to the salmon mix and mould into 'patties'
- Fry the fish cakes in a little oil until golden and cooked through (about 10 mins)
- Serve with mayo or ketchup, vegetables and home-made potato wedges, mash or polenta chips (recipe will go up at some point!)