I’m feeling pretty frazzled. Something we all take for granted will happen by itself is slightly off kilter at the moment.
It is the good old sleep thing. Once again that mischievous switch is playing up inside my body, a bit like a dodgy computer that mostly turns off but other times stays stubbornly stuck on until you over-ride it.
It is a funny thing not being able to sleep. I realise that I manage perfectly well without much sleep so perhaps it is a reminder from my body that I should just stay up and get more done!
There are certain things that don’t work well without sleep though. My brain being the main one! If this blog post makes sense then I will be surprised!
Anyway, to save any embarrassment I am not going to write much.
These store cupboard salmon fishcakes are perfect for this time of year when money might be a bit tight and you don’t have much energy or enthusiasm for cooking! They are dead simple to make and quick too. Let me know what you think if you try them out!
By the way, sorry about the photos…dark evenings do not make for good photos!
Serves: 2 adults & 2 children
- 1 tin red salmon
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, skin on, sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 slices pepperoni, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli oil or a sprinkle of chilli powder - optional
- Squeeze lime juice, plus the zest
- 1tbsp oil for frying
- Place the sliced potatoes into a saucepan of boiling water and cook for approx. 20 minutes until very soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash them with some seasoning. Place to one side.
- While the potatoes are cooking place the chopped spring onion and pepperoni into a frying pan over a low heat and cook until the onions are softened (5-10 minutes).
- Once the onion mixture is cooked place it into the pan with the mashed potato and add all the other ingredients except the oil for cooking with. Mix well.
- Leave to cool before forming into fishcakes - whatever size you like!
- Fry in a little oil over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes each side until golden on the outside.
- Serve with your choice of vegetables.