No time to chat, just to share these recipes before Easter is upon us! The biscuits are adapted from a Mary Berry recipe.
For the meringue nests I used 250g granulated sugar and 4 medium egg whites. I then piped them into nest shapes and filled them with Tesco own micro eggs (these are not dairy-free but are gluten and soya-free…you could use Haribo bunny shapes or any other appropriate sweet for your dietary restrictions) and drizzled them with Sweet Freedom Choc Shot (gluten-free and vegan).
I hope you enjoy them. Please let me know if you do!
- 200 g margarine
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 400 g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp xanthum gum
- 1 tsp finely ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 160 g currants I used raisins which were too big!
- Granulated sugar for dusting
- Beat the margarine and sugar together.
- Add the egg yolks then the remaining ingredients, minus the currants.
- Bring together with your hands and give it a good knead until you have a smooth dough, then add the currants and knead again.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface then roll out the dough to approx. 5mm thick.
- Cut circles or other shapes out of the dough and place on a lined baking tray.
- Continue until all the dough is used up.
- Sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden.
I shared this with: