This simple recipe for gluten free dairy free banana bread has just six ingredients. Combine them together in one bowl and then bake. It can’t get simpler than that!
Oh my! Why is it that most days I seem to spend trouble shooting rather than actually moving forwards!?
The photographs for this simple all in one banana cake recipe have been rather tricky to find. My ongoing problems with Apple left me with all my photos deleted.
Thankfully, I had taken a backup via My Passport (for those of you who don’t use Apple computers, this is a way of taking a full back up onto an external drive) and was able to retrieve all but a few of them.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. I seem to be learning in life that it’s best to teach yourself how to do as much as possible yourself to avoid unnecessary problems.
Due to said problems I’ll keep this post short and sweet. Who wants to read my ramblings anyway?
This gluten free dairy free banana bread is so easy to make you could do it with your eyes shut.
I don’t know about you, but banana’s are not keeping well in the current UK heat so this is the perfect way to use them up.
Just chuck everything together, give it a stir and bake. I personally like a slice of this slathered in (goats) butter. Why goats? Well, because in my ‘old age’ cows products don’t seem to agree with me any more!
How can I make the recipe suitable for vegans too?
If you want an egg free version then replace the eggs with flax or chia eggs (1 tbsp ground flax or chia seeds with 3 tbsp water per egg to replace). The result is a more dense cake but equally satisfying.
If you want to ‘jazz’ or sweeten the recipe up a bit add raisins or dark chocolate chips. The unadulterated version is great for breakfast. Nobody argues with having cake for breakfast do they?
As always, I love to see the photos of your creations so do share them on social media.
Pin my recipe for gluten free dairy free banana bread:
And if you like this recipe then I’m sure you’ll like this one for gluten free dairy free banana muffins.
Simple All In One Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 80 g coconut oil melted (I use Coconut Merchant's because it's delicious)
- 2 medium free range eggs or 2 tbsp ground flax or chia with 6 tbsp water
- 250 g Free From Fairy self-raising gluten-free flour OR 250g FFF plain flour plus 2.5tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- If you have a food processor or blender blend the whole bananas with the coconut oil then add the remaining ingredients
- If you don't have a machine, mash the bananas until smooth then add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Place in a greased loaf tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees (160 fan, gas mark 4) for around 45 - 50 minutes until a skewer inserted inside comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the tin for around 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack
I’ve shared this recipe with